Climbing Oldoinyo Lengai Mountain Climbing
Oldoinyo Lengai is a volcano in the Eastern Rift Valley, North Tanzania. Its name means ‘Mountain of God’ in the language of the Maasai people who inhabit this area. Oldoinyo Lengai is of particular interest to geologists because it is the world’s only active volcano that erupts natrocarbonatite lava.
Arrival: Arrival in Tanzania
- Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Pick up by Joica Tours & Safaris
- Tonight we overnight in a mid range hotel/lodge
Day 1 : Arusha to Ngaresero village.
After earlier breakfast,Drive to Ngaresero village (Lake Natron) with packed lunch. This is about 8 hours driving. Dinner and overnight at kamakia Camp.
Day 2: Oldoinyo Lengai
At very early morning 1.00 a.m. drive to the base of the Oldonyo Lengai Mountain to start the climb. Reach at the summit during Sunrise and spend few minutes there before coming down to the base of the mountain. From there clients will be transferred by jeep to Kamakia camp for shower and rest. Dinner and overnight at Kamakia camp.
Day 3: Drive Back to Arusha After breakfast,On our way back to Arusha we will have time to stop and buy some of the Makonde wood carving’s for which Tanzania is so famous. Also for those who wish a chance to stop at Mesarani Snake Park, to see the snakes that are normally difficult to see in the wild due to their natural shyness.Overnight in Arusha at a Lodge/hotel BLD
Day 4: Departure Day
After breakfast, Transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for those returning home.
|1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax +|
|$ 1,600||$ 1,050||$ 900||$ 850||$ 800||$ 750|
DURATION3 Days / 2 Nights
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- Airport transfers
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- International Flights
- Visa Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks (Soda, Alcohol)
- Other Personal Items