6 Days Kilimanjaro Climb via Rongai Route Mountain Climbing
6 days Kilimanjaro climb via Rongai route begins at the northern side of Kilimanjaro. We walk through a true wilderness area towards the toothed Mawenzi Peak. The Rongai route is a steady ascent, and is favorite by those with little experience
Day 1: Arrival in Tanzania
- Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Pick up by Joica Tours & Safaris
- Tonight we overnight in a mid range hotel/lodge
After breakfast 08:30 you drive to the start of the Rongai route It takes about four hours due to the rough road.
- On arrive at the gate a short rest whilst formality are completed.
- After about 3 hours hiking you reach the first cave where you have lunch and rest.
- Overnight stay near the cave.
- Altitude 1,800 mtrs BLD
The hiking starts at 08:30 after breakfast, lunch is served in the second cave, you then continue hiking to the third cave where you will overnight. Circa 6-7 hours hiking for this day magnificent views of the Kenyan plains below and Mawenzi tarn above.
- Altitude 3,800 mtrs BLD
Breakfast is served around 07:00. The hiking begins through the high alpine desert, between Mawenzi and Kibo peaks. lunch is served between School Hut and Kibo Hut Ultimately you arrive at Kibo Hut and camp over night near Kibo Hut. Altitude 4,700 mtrs BLD
Short walks to places of interest or time to gather ones strength for the final attempt on the peak at around midnight, one should reach Uhuru for the most wonderful of sights, dawn on the Roof of Africa!
- Altitude 5,895 mtrs BLD
After time for photos and to enjoy the view return to Kibo Hut for refreshments and after a much deserved rest on to Horombo encampment.
- Overnight camp. BLD
You leave Horombo at 07:30 and descend to Marangu gate via Mandara Hut. • The walk takes circa 5-6 hours. •On arrival at the gate you will receive your Certificate of Accomplishment and be taken by our vehicle back to your lodge for a much needed hot showerandrest.
Overnight in a mid range hotel/lodge BLD
After breakfast. Transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for those returning home.
|1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax +|
|$ 2,150||$ 1,850||$ 1,805||$ 1,770||$ 1,733||$ 1,705|
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- Airport transfers
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- International Flights
- Visa Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks (Soda, Alcohol)
- Other Personal Items