5 Days Kilimanjaro Climb via Marangu Route Mountain Climbing
Arrival: Arrival in Tanzania
- Arrive at Kilimanjaro International Airport
- Pick up by Joica Tours & Safaris
- Tonight we overnight in a mid range hotel/lodge
Day 1: Arusha to Mandara Hut
We meet our guide and porters and drive to Marangu gate the entrance to Kilimanjaro National Park at 1860m/6000ft. After signing in it is around a four-hour hike through sometimes dense rain-forest to Mandara hut.
- En-route we pass Maundi Crater.
- Overnight at Mandara Hut. 2725m/9000ft. BLD
Day 2: Mandara Huts to Horombo Huts
Today we shall cover around 12km/8 miles in five to six hours, passing out of the rain-forest into alpine meadows dotted with giant heather trees.
- Overnight at Horombo Hut. 3780m/12,000ft. BLD
Day 3: Horombo Huts to Kibo Huts
Today the landscape becomes gradually more rugged and rocky. Lobelias and giant Groundsels appear in the sparse moorland. The trail skirts Mawenzi Peak across the stark landscape of the Saddle.
It takes five to six hours to reach Kibo Hut where we take an early night at 4740m/15,450ft. BLD
Day 4: Kibo Hut to Uhuru Peak
We wake up very early and start out in the darkness towards Gilmans Point, 5685m/18,640ft. Zig-Zaging our way up the scree slope, it takes about five or six hours to reach Gilmans Point. From there it takes about two hours to walk along the rim to Uhuru Peak 5895m/19,340ft. After a brief celebration we descend back down past Kibo Hut to Horombo Huts and overnight. BLD.
Day 5: Horombo Hut to the Park Gate
At the park gate, we can admire the certificates issued by Kilimanjaro National Parks. We are met and return by vehicle to Arusha and and enjoy a hot relaxing shower. Overnight in a mid range hotel/lodge . BLD
Day 6: Departure Day
After breakfast Transfer to Kilimanjaro International Airport for those returning home.
|1 Pax||2 Pax||3 Pax||4 Pax||5 Pax||6 Pax +|
|$ 1,800||$ 1,662||$ 1,634||$ 1,602||$ 1,570||$ 1,541|
DURATION5 Days / 4 Nights
- Quality, waterproof, four-season private mountain sleeping tents
- Professional, experienced, mountain guides
- Airport transfers
- Rescue fees
- All meals while on the Mountain
- Guides, Porters, cook salaries and park fees
- Quality Mess tents with table and chairs
- Large portions of fresh, healthy nutritious food
- Clean, purified drinking water
- Crisis management and safety procedures
- Fair and ethical treatment of porters
- International Flights
- Visa Fees
- Travel Insurance
- Drinks (Soda, Alcohol)
- Other Personal Items