Safari Packing list
If this is your first time in Tanzania or your first time on safari, this packing list below can help to be well prepared and comfortable during your adventure. If you do forget a few things, don’t worry, you can pick up most everyday items in town before you leave.
- Valid passport
- Yellow fever vaccination records/ certificate.
- Tanzania visa, available at airport upon arrival, USD $100 payable in cash only for US citizens and USD $50 for residents of UK/European Union and most other countries.
- Copy of flight itinerary.
- Copy of travel and/or medical evacuation insurance.
- Personal medical/dental insurance cards.
- Credit card (Visa and MasterCard are most widely accepted).
Safari Packing List
Remember, it’s not a fashion show out there, so be a bit more practical when choosing your safari wardrobe. Try to stay away from bright colours – khaki and other neutral colours tend to work well. It is probably best if you dress in layers since it can get cold, but also very hot.
- Sweater or fleece pullover to keep warm
- Sturdy boots or sandals
- Sun hat
- Sun glasses
- T-shirts or polo shirts (2-5 depending on how often you want to change)
- Long sleeve shirts (light weight)
- Long trousers
- Travel towel
- Thermal underwear, gloves and warm hat (during May – Sept)
- Rain coat and rain trousers (During rainy season Mar - May and Oct - Dec)
- Camera and memory cards
- Hand sanitizer and wet wipes
- Insect Repellent
- Personal toiletries (soap, shampoo, toothbrush, eye drops etc)
- Malaria tablets
- Basic first aid kit and prescription medicines
- Flashlight or headlamp
- Chargers and extra batteries for your camera, phone etc
- Power adapter to fit the UK style electrical socket
5 Days Magical Zanzibar (from: US$ 1,322 p/p)
6 Days Discover Zanzibar (from: US$ 1,659 p/p)
6 Days Dik-Dik Safari (from: US$ 1,869 p/p)
7 Days Gazelle Safari (from: US$ 2,233 p/p)
8 Days Gerenuk Safari (from: US$ 2,977 p/p)
5 Days Eland Safari (from: US$ 1,813 p/p)
7 Days Topi Safari (from: US$ 2,505 p/p)
6 Days Romantic Safari (from: US$ 2,924 p/p)
8 Days Bushbuck Safari (from: US $ 2,550 p/p)
Lake Manyara Park Day Trip (from: US$ 189 p/p)
4 Days Buffalo Safari (from: US$ 900 p/p)
6 Days Oryx Safari (from: US$ 1,250 p/p)
7 Days Warthog Safari (from: US$1,400 p/p)
6 Days Exotic Zanzibar (from: US$ 2,159 p/p)
Ngorongoro Crater Day Trip (from: US$ 243 p/p)
Tarangire Day Trip (from: US$ 189 p/p)
Arusha Park Day Trip (from: US$ 175 p/p)
Lake Chala Day Trip (from: US$ 55 p/p)
Materuni Waterfalls Day Trip (from: US$ 55 p/p)
Kikuletwa Hotsprings Day trip (from: US$ 60 p/p)
Mount Kilimanjaro Day Hike (from: US$ 231 p/p)
5 Days Marangu Route (from: US$ 1,540 p/p)
6 Days Marangu Route (from: US$ 1,714 p/p)
6 Days Machame Route (from: US$ 1,705 p/p)
7 Days Machame Route (from: US$1,939 p/p)
7 Days Lemosho Route (from: US$ 2,007 p/p)
8 Days Lemosho Route (from: US$ 2,241 p/p)
6 Days Rongai Route (from: US$ 1,752 p/p)
7 Days Rongai Route (from: US$ 1,986 p/p)
9 Days Northern Circuit Route (from: US$ 2,601 p/p)